Senior Environmental Wayfinding Designer
Salary: salary commensurate with experience
October 30, 2017
Via Collective is a Brooklyn NY based wayfinding and information design firm that creates solutions for the built environment. We are looking for driven, ambitious, and dedicated people to join our small but mighty design team. We believe in respect, integrity, collaboration with each other and our clients, to create beautiful, innovative, and user-driven solutions.
Working within the urban context, we design interior and exterior wayfinding systems that span a multitude of sectors including government, education, health care and public spaces. We are looking for a responsible, highly motivated, resourceful, detail-oriented team player with 6-10 years experience specifically in environmental graphic design to join our team. High standards of conceptual ability, a positive attitude, spot on execution, a drive for success, and strong written and verbal communication skills required.
You will be involved in strategy development and all phases of the design process including; research, conceptual design, design development, presentations and final execution. Some project management is also required including taking and publishing meeting notes and creating and managing projects schedules.
Must have a solution driven attitude and positive approach to team collaboration and building client relationships. Ability to take ownership of projects is important and the desire to have pride in delivering high quality work is an absolute.
- Work with creative director to develop concepts and implement designs
- Assist in the development of research to understand the end user
- Audit environments, develop wayfinding strategies, and information systems
- Develop information hierarchies, location plans and content schedules
- Develop world class design in the strategy, graphics, product and user centered design
- Participate in day to day project management including attending meetings, maintaining project schedules and communications
- Create all necessary drawings for presentations
- Other duties as required for the success of the project
- High attention to detail to deliver accurate solutions
- Strong design aesthetic and typographic skills
- An eagerness to learn and adapt
- Highly attuned attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills
- Self-motivated, takes initiative and is resourceful
- An open and positive personality
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work off site and independently when needed
- 4-year college degree (BFA in Graphic, Industrial or Interior Design. Architecture or Urban Planning are also acceptable)
- 6-10 years experience
- Understanding of architectural drawings, scale, product materials and implementation options
- Excellent communication skills; written and verbal
- Experience presenting to clients
- Project management including schedules, budgets and client communications
- Complete fluency with Adobe CS
- Fluency with 3D rendering, motion graphics and other web design formats is a plus
Please submit your materials to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “DESIGNER + Your Name” in the following format:
- Brief cover letter describing your design philosophy, working style and career goals
- Salary history, requirements and availability
- Website link or PDF of 8-12 portfolio samples
Qualified applicants will be contacted for an interview. No calls please. We will only consider candidates authorized to work in the U.S. No relocation package. Compensation is commensurate with applicable experience. Paid time off, education supplement and professional organizational membership offered. No health care provided.